Sunday, July 22, 2012

Spiced Up Eggs

On the weekends I have a lot more time for planning and cooking, so I ended up making eggs. I have heard adding spice to anything and everything you eat is a good way to boost your metabolism so I thought I would give it a try. I normally sprinkle some garlic powder and salt on my eggs while they are frying, and then slather them in cheese. Since I'm trying to cut back on the amount of cheese I eat (I had it at almost every meal and in between) I used about a teaspoon of parmesan cheese.
To kick it up a little in the spice department I thought I would try something new.

Yesterday I made my normal eggs with garlic powder, and then added about a teaspoon of paprika. I just sprinkled some ground paprika on the entire egg after lightly salting. I didn't really taste much difference, they were a little more colorful but the taste was the same.  Today, I added ground mustard powder. I figured mustard powder is spicy, and it goes well with eggs since it is normally used in deviled eggs. The mustard powder did add spice and flavored, it was much better then the paprika I thought about combining them next weekend. If I do I think I'll leave out the parmesan cheese and just do the eggs with garlic powder, light salt, teaspoon of mustard powder and a teaspoon of paprika.

Any suggestions on different spices to add to kick up my eggs with out killing my mouth?

No comments:

Post a Comment